Rakuten TV is looking for a highly analytical Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team, in Barcelona. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with huge volumes of data, streaming directly from our Products and shape this data using the latest technologies. You will also be working with teams from around the Globe, in Barcelona, Paris and Tokyo.
You will take the lead on designing and implementing advanced analytics models that will use Machine Learning techniques to support various projects, such as Recommendations, UX personalization, Product performance monitoring, etc.
Being accurate and having a good attention to detail is very important. The information and insights that are produced by the BI Team are seen by people at the highest level of the business and are used to shape and direct the business decisions that they make.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a BS/Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Data Engineering who has a keen interest in developing their Data Science skills and experience.
- Development of data pipelines to ingest, normalize and clean data.
- Developing and monitoring ETL process to assure data integrity and timely delivery.
- Collaborate with the Business and Technical developers in the design process
- Effectively communicate results and insights with other stakeholders throughout the organization through regular KPI reporting and analysis
Requirements and Experience:
- 2+ years of related experience as a Data Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and scripting languages (python, bash).
- Experience with ETL or other workflow orchestration tools.
- Experience in Cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Services
- Data Storage: Relational DB’s, object storage, etc.
- Experience working with version control (GIT)
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes
- Interest in App Development.
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations.
- Some understanding of Data visualization tools as Tableau and Power BI.
- Ambitious and eager to rise to the highest levels of an industry leading organization.
Some good reasons to apply
- Opportunity to work for leading company within the rapidly growing OTT market.
- Great work environment 2 blocks away from Poblenou’s beach
- Culturally diverse environment with people from approx. 22 different nationalities
- Private Medical Insurance or extra money for meal card/commuting card
- Free Language Classes on-site and interesting trainings and sponsorship.
We are a global company located in sunny Barcelona with additional offices in the UK, France, Italy and Germany. Our team comprises more than 24 nationalities across 180 employees; we are united in our vision of diversity and our passion for cinema.
Rakuten TV – “Your cinema at home” – Rakuten TV is one of the leading Video-On-Demand platforms in Europe providing the latest movie releases with the latest technology in a true cinematic experience available on Smart TVs. Rakuten TV is now available in 42 countries and forms part of the Internet and e-commerce Japanese giant Rakuten, Inc., one of the world’s leading internet services companies, offering a wide variety of services for consumers and businesses, with a focus on e-commerce, fintech and digital content. Rakuten sponsors FC Barcelona, NBA Champion’s Golden State Warriors and Spartan Race, amongst others.