BlueCargo is a fast-moving start-up based in Paris & Silicon
Valley with the mission of bringing efficiency to the global maritime
supply chain. We are looking for people who share the same ambitious
goals and want to make a difference by joining our small and talented
BlueCargo makes analytics and predictions actionable to improve terminal operations. Our software leverages machine learning to help terminal operators better organize their storage yard, placing containers at the right spot under space & time constraints. BlueCargo is the place to be if you want to play Tetris/Jenga with shipping containers! Thanks to BlueCargo, the terminal can optimize asset utilization and better serve its clients, reducing truck turn time and freeing up terminals roadways.
Founded in 2018 by Alexandra Griffon (CEO), Laura Theveniau (Data & Product Officer) and Arthus de Saint Chaffray (CTO). BlueCargo just raised its seed round and is part of Y Combinator, world’s #1 accelerator (Airbnb, Dropbox, Docker, Algolia, Flexport, etc.). Our prospective customers are spread all over the world and our first two are based in France and the US.
We are building an incredible company with the mission of reshaping how goods are moved from sea to land. We are a team of engineers working on diverse set of fields: machine learning, simulation, operations research, 3D visualization, etc. We are looking for problem solvers: self-motivated, results-driven and creative individuals to help us bring the maritime supply chain revolution to the world.
What you will do
As an early employee, you will get to take a leading role in the team.
As the Data Engineer, you will work directly with the founding team and help building our data platform, including cloud databases and ETL pipelines. You will have the responsibility of utilizing ETL tools to integrate build production and post-production data pipelines that move data from a variety of sources into a warehouse, monitor data quality, check for errors and conform data to standards. You’ll wear many hats, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our product.
The kind of projects you will be responsible for:
- Securely source external data from numerous partners and clients
- Optimize existing pipelines and implement new ones (ownership of the data ingestion component of the solution)
- Build scalable data warehouse application and leverage existing open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and other tools
- Index and summarize data sets, improve database schema, enabling high performance analytics
- Develop data driven APIs for machine learning and application developers
- Deploy data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
What we are looking for
In addition to the following technical skills, we are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or 4+ years equivalent work experience in these domain
- Secure cloud development experience on AWS, Experience with ETL (Airflow, Embulk, AWS services, Sidekiq)
- Familiar with complex database management, replication, and backup (Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis)
- Design and operation of robust distributed systems
- Expertise with writing efficient complex database queries
- Experience with NoSQL - HBase/ Cassandra
- Use engineering best practices – deliver high quality code, automated testing and build reusable components
- Machine learning experience is a strong plus
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to solve difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Be proactive, creative and eager to learn
- English proficient
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BLUECARGO
- Be ready to travel to the next port city!
- Engineering-driven team (agile cycles, JIRA, GitHub, daily standup, knowledge session, pair-programming, test-driven, continuous integration, server-less architecture, etc.)
- Best tools that money can get you
- Best team that work and fun can build
- Competitive salary
- Start-up ecosystem benefits (Alan, Lunchr etc.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLUECARGO
- Website: Bluecargo.io
- Techcrunch 2018: Startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s Summer 18 demo day
- Port du futur: BlueCargo Lauréat du trophée port du futur 2018
- Les Echos Entrepreneurs: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee 2018
- Chef d’entreprise: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee
We would love to hear from you, why you would like to join our
startup and what you'd love to do. You will hear back from us within a
few days of your application.
Send your resume to Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversations (telephone/skype/meeting): 1 HR conversation, 1 technical conversation
- Take-home challenges: 1 set of coding problems, 1 advanced problem (online, on a coding platform with a member of our technical team)
- On-site project: meeting with the entire team (on site, 1 full day) and work on a specific project
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Start date: 15 November 2018
- Location: Paris, France (75002)
- Education Level: Master's Degree
- Experience Level: > 2 years