We are looking for a talented Data Engineer Manager to help us change the world of digital advertising together.
WHO WE ARE
At Seedtag our goal is to lead the change in the advertising industry, because we believe that effective advertising should not be at odds with users’ privacy.
By combining Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision our proprietary, Machine Learning-based technology provides a human-like understanding of the content of the web that finds the best context for each ad while providing unparalleled risk-mitigation capabilities that protect advertisers from showing their ads on pages that could be damaging for their brand. All of this, without relying on cookies or any other tracking mechanisms.
Every day, our teams develop new services that reach over 200 million users worldwide with fast response times to ensure that we deliver the best user experience. We’re fully committed to the DevOps culture, where we provide the platform that our Software Developers and Data Scientists use to manage over 100 different microservices, pushing dozens of changes to production every day. All of this is built on top of Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
If you are interested in joining one of the fastest growing startups in Europe and work on massive scalability challenges, this is the place for you.
2014 · Founded by two ex-Googlers
2018 · 16M total turnover & Internationalization & Getting growth
2021 · Fundraising round of 40M€ & +10 countries & +250 Seedtaggers
2022 · Fundraising round of 250M€ + expansion into the U.S market + 400 Seedtagers
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To keep the relationship with the team members via 1:1, and performance reviews. Career planification, doubt resolution, conflict management, etc.
- To recruit data engineer expert, both for direct report and for side teams
- To have a perfect vision on the data lake structure at use company-wide.
- To ensure Strategic decision-making: helping the team and stakeholders towards a perfect usage of our data-lake/data-mesh services and connected pipelines..
- To be in touch with pair Data-Managers and Product-Managers to align Data Engineering priorities and design new features.
- To support the data-vision alignment within the company, cross-relation with other data teams, communication of the progress of the team upon its products.
- To detect and remove team’s blockers. Those can be technical blocks (interaction with systems), or management blocks/pain points (lack of control points with other data teams).
- To develop and deploy production-oriented data software.
We're looking for someone who:
- Have at least 4 years of solid experience in data Engineering and at least 2 years in a management role
- Have a degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics or another degree with a strong quantitative component
- Have ample experience with Data Engineering tools such as Apache Beam, Spark, Flink or Kafka.
- Is comfortable with object-oriented languages, such as Python or Scala, and you are fluent in working with a Linux terminal and writing basic bash scripts.
- have experience orchestrating ETL processes using systems such as Apache Airflow, and managing databases like SQL, Hive or MongoDB.
- Have experience building data-lake and data-mesh infrastructures as a service from scratch
- Know how to scale-up teams and manage projects with different stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 🚀 Key moment to join Seedtag in terms of growth and opportunities
- 💸 High-performance tier salary bands excellent compensation
- 💯 One Seedtag: Work for a month from any of our open offices with travel and stay paid if you’re a top performer (think of Brazil, Mexico...,
- ⛰️ An unlimited remote working environment, where you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you want, where you will find a great workplace location with food, snacks, great coffee, and much more.
- 🏉 Paid travels to our HQ in Madrid to work p2p with your squad members
- 💻 Macbook Pro M1
- ⌛ Flexible schedule to balance work and personal life
- 🏠 Build your home office with a budget of up to 1K€ (external screen, chair, table...)
- 🎗️ A harassment-free, supportive and safe environment to ensure the healthiest and friendliest professional experience fostering diversity at all levels.
- 🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Optional company-paid English and/or Spanish courses.
- 📚 Access to learning opportunities (learning & development budget)
- 🍻 We love what we do, but we also love having fun. We have many team activities you can join and enjoy with your colleagues! A Yearly offsite with all the company, team offsites, and Christmas events...
- 🍽️🚘 Access to a flexible benefits plan with restaurant, transportation, and kindergarten tickets and discounts on medical insurance