We are looking for a Data Engineer for the core of our application. We are looking for a generalist software developer who loves learning new things and facing new challenges but we also value if you have some deep experience about specific topics such as scalability, XP practices, algorithms, web development, etc.
We work remotely but you can also work in Madrid offices. At the moment we are only seeking candidates in Europe (UTC+02:00 or similar).
If you don't have some of the requirements, but you are willing to learn, have an open mind and this job offer resonates with you, don't hesitate to contact us.
Nextail is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
A highly innovative and fast-paced environment. As in any startup, expect to find a team with an interesting mix of business profiles (without the slides), IT geeks, data scientists, and as a fashion tech startup, a few fashion victims.
- The satisfaction of delivering something new to the world that will have a strong impact both on retailers’ top line and in customer satisfaction. Contribute to the development of cutting-edge artificial intelligence & machine learning technologies that will build the next generation of retail systems.
- The opportunity to work with top client decision-makers in the fashion retail industry and sharpen your business reasoning and interpersonal skills. Learn from peers from top consulting firms and the best global business schools.
- Flexibility in remote work and office hours, use of some of the most advanced collaborative tools.
- Periodic company get-togethers to meet the rest of the team.
- The laptop of your choice: We want you to work with the tools that are most comfortable for you
- Approximate salary range: €50.000 - €60.00
- Bonus + €1.000 as Learning Allowance
- Stock Options
Who you will work with
- Juan Avedillo (COO): over 18 years of experience in technological transformation and innovation environments back him. He went through several different roles, industries and countries as a consultant in McKinsey & Company along 9 years. He also worked in The Cocktail as the technical practices lead.
- Beatriz Domínguez (Head of People & Process Engineering): She has been working for years with teams from different backgrounds and cares about their growth and performance. She is a firm believer in customer-centric product development. What she enjoys most about her job is helping people to be successful. Bea is currently playing a key role in Nextail's growth phase.
- Miguel Garcia Lorenzo (Head of Engineering): With more than 10 years of experience leading technical teams in high-performance and real-time environments. He has worked in companies like Inditex, Oracle, among others. He is a believer in work based on three fundamental principles: team, architecture and automation. He enjoys sharing his knowledge through articles and conferences.
First of all, we are looking for a good workmate to join the team. We value working in a safe and constructive environment where everybody can thrive over any specific technical skill.
In our team you will also find people focused on generating an impact in the company, rather than just taking on new task to develop. We expect that the person who joins us is as excited about this bias towards impact and action as we are.
Take ownership of features from design to operation
Increase the reliability of our software continuously
Participate in the development, deployment, and maintenance of multiple Data Pipelines.
Work in a full cloud environment and with the top technologies.
Implement KPIs and metrics to measure the performance and the impact our solutions have on the business.
Encourage good technical practices in the squad.
Participate in the decision-making process of your product together with the Product Manager.
Practical experience with complex ETL processes and KPIs
Experience scaling data pipelined algorithms.
Professional experience with AWS or Google Cloud or Azure.
Strong experience with large analytical and transactional databases.
Experience with software monitoring tools.
Big data framework (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Dbt, Apache Kafka)
Container technologies (Docker, schedulers, orchestration, repositories)
CI and CD practices
Another backend / systems language (Pyhton, Java)