We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer or Spark developer with a strong interest in data analytics and data loading systems, data warehouses/lakes, ETL pipelines.
- Develop/Maintain our ETL pipelines from different sources like GA, Airdna, Zendesk and many more into our data warehouse (redshift)
- ETL pipelines to maintain data in different data-structures, ex. From redshift to elastic-search.
- Support our transition to target architecture of moving towards event streams running on Kafka or something similar.
- Support the data-analytics team to ensure they have access to data in an optimised format.
What can you bring?
- 2-6 years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a data engineering focussed role
- Experience in data modelling and data structures
- Experience with Big data tools like Spark, Storm, AWS EMR
- Experience with Python and Node.js
- Experience in data loading systems, data warehouses/lakes, ETL pipelines.
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working and working from home