7Bridges is seeking a highly talented and motivated data engineer
with software experience to build and define how data is used in our
organisation. This is a job for someone who understands that real world
data is messy – you won’t always be dealing with perfect quality,
machine log or API data – the logistics industry, whilst large making up
13% of global GDP, is still heavily reliant on fragmented, cross-border
and often erroneous and inconsistent human entered information that is
loaded into antiquated systems or not even loaded into a system at all,
for example invoices for tens of thousands of pounds are routinely
drafted using only hand-written notes!
7Bridges needs to parse, treat and process this messy and difficult to access data quickly and accurately to achieve the logistics automation we know is possible. We’ll do this by coupling modern web technology with machine learning methods and building automated and robust data pipelines, bringing this information together for the first time in the logistics domain. Come help us build a next generation logistics company and be at the heart of what will make us successful.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a high-performance data platform that produces data streams from logistics providers, users, services, or other automated systems
- Building infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in enterprise logistics intelligence by deriving meaning from an array of enterprise data about shipments, users and their activity
- Maintaining a data platform that simultaneously serves our machine learning, web application and visualisation application suite
- Acting as an expert in the area of data management
- Providing technical leadership to other developers
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing software for consumer products or platforms
- Experience with and passion for data and building platforms and services
- Strong Python and SQL skills and understanding of AWS, Django or at least one other web development framework, knowledge or interest in graph databases is highly desirable
- Experience with Warehousing, ETL, fact and dimension management
- Proven ability to work both independently and establish trusted, effective relationships across diverse sets of stakeholders
- A Masters degree in Computer Science or Machine Learning is highly desired. Candidates with a Masters in other quantifiable fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) with applied practical experience and programming background are also desirable
Opportunities unique to working at 7Bridges
- Build predictive data and artificial intelligence modelling into your data engineering skillset
- Join a data-first startup founded by highly technical, ambitious and data driven founders
- Build and define new ETL automation technology in a completely new domain
- Grow your career in a bootstrapped, fast-growing and pre-seed company in stealth mode
- Join a team of 7 spread across San Francisco, London and Europe with ambitions to open an office in the US over the next 24 months
Work flexibly either working in our headquarters in The Shard or from home remotely
What We're Building
The logistics industry has seen a significant improvement in infrastructure and technology in recent years and ever more services are being brought online, raising the hopes of a step change in the way businesses and consumers move goods around the world. However, it significantly lags behind all other major industries in one key area: continually optimising the use of assets and operations. As a result, logistics costs are needlessly high and the customer experience poor. The vast majority of businesses have wasteful and expensive logistics operations. 7Bridges’ mission is to optimise logistics for everyone, making more efficient use of resources and improving the service that our customers receive. This can only be achieved through the combination of machine learning or artificial intelligence and far reaching automation of the industry.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!