JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our award-winning service is trusted by over 2.5 million drivers and is the highest rated consumer parking app around - providing drivers with access to 45,000+ car parks, garages and driveways via our website and app, and allowing them to reserve and pay for a space in seconds.
We’re on a mission to ensure people can make smarter, seamless and sustainable transport decisions. To deliver that mission, we’ve built a unique team and a special culture that not only makes JustPark successful, it also makes it a great place to work.
About the role
We’re growing fast! Over the last 12 months, we’ve taken more bookings than during the first 10 years of our history. We’re storing billions of rows of data, and as we target international expansion we need to build our data capabilities to maintain our data-driven focus as we grow.
As the Data Engineer, you’ll be helping to define and deliver our data strategy. You’ll lead the data culture at JustPark, defining new processes and driving our data culture. We’re looking for someone with a passion for engineering and technology who can bring ideas and can influence how we work with data.
As Data Engineer, here are just some of the things you’ll be responsible for
- Define the master data set, consolidating ETLs for our master database for business insights
- Run, manage and monitor ETLs as the owner of data operations at JustPark
- Own deployment and maintenance of data pipelines
- Define and own software practices and standards
- Playing a leading role in defining and introducing technology, tools and processes that we use for data analytics and data science
- Commercial experience in a data engineering role
- An expert in Python and SQL, with a broad knowledge of data technology industry standard and innovations
- A solid understanding of software engineering and DevOps best practice
- A problem-solving mindset
- Confidence to make decisions and communicate to stakeholders
- A desire to learn
- A desire to influence and to have an impact
We don’t expect you to know everything, but it’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with implementing data lineage technologies
- Experience of data transformation
- Experience with Google Big Query and Google Cloud Platform
- Competitive salaries and generous stock options to match
- A yearly allowance for personal training and development
- Lunch provided by our in-house chef. Check out whatsjuliecooking on Instagram for inspiration!
- Weekly events, quarterly Away Days, company retreats and more to recognise and celebrate our fabulous JustParkers
- Real responsibility, creative freedom
- A genuine opportunity to gain unrivalled experience within a booming company