Do you want to work as part of the Data & Targeting team dealing with 5 billion+ events a day and terabytes of mobile game data? Are you interested in real time aggregations over rolling time windows, blazing fast computation speeds across crazy amounts of data, data analysis, data science, data exploration? If you're interested in sharpening your skills on the newest big data tools like Airflow, Spark, Hive, Scala and Python and love to think about problems like game to game affinity, retention cohorts, and funnel analysis, then Chartboost is the place for you. Being part of a startup, you would be part of a small team and drive significant impact across every corner of the company.
We are seeking data pipeline engineers to join our team, helping to build and maintain a data platform that supports data analysis, exploration, aggregation, and apis delivering significant impact to both our game developers and internal customers. In this role, you are expected to be comfortable working as a data engineer and dealing with huge amounts of data (hundreds of TBs).
Our technology stack includes Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka, Cloudera, Redshift, Dynamo, Cassandra, Airflow, HDFS, HBase, Scala, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS, Git, Spinnaker, and Puppet. You have the opportunity to evaluate new technologies and use them to design better and more reliable systems.
Who we are:
Chartboost is the largest mobile games-based ad monetization platform in the world. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Develop reliable data pipelines that convert data into powerful signals and features
- Design real time and batch data processing pipelines for different systems to consume
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
- Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale for hundreds of millions of users
- Collaborate closely with product team to build new features and infrastructure
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, and SQL
- 2+ years of experience in programming in any of Python / Java / Scala
- Experience with data pipelines in Hive, HDFS processing larger than 10TB of data is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments, ideally with AWS
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data
- Expert debugging skills and emphasis on automated tests to build high quality systems
- Experience working with Spark is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
What we offer:
- Incredible work environment, drawing from the best elements of the Barcelona and Bay Area tech scenes
- Competitive salary
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- Healthy snacks, coffee and cool office space in the center of Barcelona near the subway
- Private health insurance
- Weekly English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- One or more trips to San Francisco every year
- Flexible schedule based on trust and deliverables vs. hours behind your desk
- The opportunity to shape the company culture of our Barcelona office and make it both Charboosty and unique
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!