Believe in Better
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries. Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world. Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We believe in better product, better speed and better people.
How about you?
Within Core System, the Core Data Team is responsible for the storage, processing and exploration of all data collected at Deezer. We work on large scale distributed systems, processing terabytes of data each day, enabling data-scientists and analysts to retrieve valuable information from historical and real-time data.
What you will do:
Build and scale components to internal key activities such as log
ingestion pipeline, job scheduling and ETL design/optimization
- Ensure comfortable exploration of internal Data warehouse
- Collaborate for high quality software delivery and deployment into production
- Setup the best development practices for other data developers at Deezer (huge focus on automated tests and monitoring)
- Communicate the work of our team inside and outside Deezer
You fancy to know more about the cool projects the data Team is working on, check this article out : https://deezer.io/akka-as-a-bridge-between-rest-and-kafka-acfe6194c202
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years experience in software engineering and the Hadoop ecosystem, experience with Cloud Technologies is a plus
- Proven experience with Spark and Hive, Kafka is a bonus
- Strong engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration)
- Proficient in at least one programming language within Java, Scala and Python. Other languages such as Rust or Go, will be greatly appreciated
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organised
- Fluent in English and French
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.