Join our team as Data Engineer.
What we do all day:
We create a beautiful self-service platform for our analytics solutions using modern tools and libaries. We process, query and analyze terabytes of sensor and geospatial advertising data. We work in cross-functional teams in order to create a premium experience for our customers. If you are passionate like us, you love to learn, work and share knowledge with your team, you will be a good fit.
- You love working with data (RDBMS (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra), sorted column-stores (Redshift/Vertica))
- You have strong SQL modeling and optimization knowledge for different analytics workloads and scenarios
- Good experience with at least one (scripting) language, preferably Python
- You find and share best-practices with team members
- You pay attention to details and identify potential performance weak spots
- You are knowledgeable with BI tools such as Tableau
What we offer
How do we work?
- To be innovative and fast we organize our work using scrum and 1-week sprints.
- To be as efficient as possible, we reduce the time spent in meetings to the minimum.
- To make sure that all works the way we want it, we test all our code.
- To enhance our work, we do pair programming and code review sessions.
Where do we work?
We have a new office in the heart of Berlin (near Checkpoint Charlie). It is a large and cozy open space with many perks in regards work ergonomics. We also have a fully equipped kitchen for with a bit table for team lunches. As we enjoy spending time with each other, we also have a couch with a big TV and a Wii U for the occasional Mario Kart race.
We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV, your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.