GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination.
We're building a team focused on data products and data infrastructure to tackle impactful problems such as search, recommendations, categorization, analytics and more. Our work involves the development of systems and tools to collect, process, analyze and make GetYourGuide's data available. It also involves the design and development of features and algorithms to improve the relevancy of our product. You will be part of a team of passionate data people and solve these problems! The team will span many disciplines such as big data, search relevance or distributed systems, making it a great place to learn and experiment new skills.
GetYourGuide is the world's largest marketplace for tour and activities with more than 30 000+ things to do in a destination. There's an immense potential in making the travelling experience better with the help of data and algorithms and we're looking to you for help!
- Design, implement and launch data products through the development of large data processing workflows
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques to improve the relevancy of our products and algorithms
- Scale our analytics capabilities and improve our data infrastructure with better data sets and faster, more reliable data pipelines
- Develop our events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to add new events and improve reliability
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You have experience developing data pipelines and applying machine learning/data mining on large data sets
- You have hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Redis)
- You have a track record of releasing features and optimizations into production
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability in languages such as (but not limited to) Java, Scala or C++
- You possess strong CS fundamentals and are familiar with agile development
- You can learn new technologies quickly and are comfortable in a fast-pace iterative environment
- You can explain complex solutions to other engineers or product managers
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
A few things you might have that we like:
- Experience with current cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with backend development technologies such as PHP, Django or Node.js
- Experience with data transformation, SQL and ETL development is a plus
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- We are headquartered in Berlin! Work in a well-funded, founder-led company
- A international environment (we speak English), with relocation assistance
- A competitive compensation, plus virtual stock agreement
- Free breakfast, German lessons and annual external training budget per engineer
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life as an Engineer at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!