Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform.
We’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure our customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network, and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Develop and maintain internally developed tools used by the department
- Design, implement and maintain a business-facing data warehouse that will support our company's commitment to analytics and a data-driven business philosophy
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for batch and near-real-time data as well as analytical / machine learning workflows
- Communicate with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability
- Extract data from various third-party tools and APIs, e.g. Google Analytics (BigQuery), Google AdWords, Adjust, and others
- Write documentation for your scripts as well as for internal knowledge sharing
- Proactively make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform
Your heroic skills:
- 2+ years data engineering
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, engineering
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience with column oriented databases and optimization techniques thereof (preferably AWS Redshift)
- Experience with distributed job schedulers (preferably Airflow)
- Very good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java)
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash/zsh)
- Experience with database administration
- Good English communication skills
- Creative problem solving abilities and an eye for detail
- Independent and rigorous working style
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box
We offer you:
- International working atmosphere and cross-cultural teams
- Goal oriented environment
- Flexible working hours
- Great career opportunities
- Safety of a large company: pension scheme and stability
- Nice work environment and English as working language
- For applicants from abroad: relocation package and German lessons
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We’re looking forward to your application!
About Delivery Hero