Data is a core advantage of OTT/Unicast TV over traditional broadcast. We know exactly what content our viewers watch, how popular a show is and how many seconds of each and every ad campaign is viewed.
At Zattoo we already leverage a lot of our data, but we want to do more, as we believe in the power of the data, without losing data protection out of sight of course. We want to make data an even stronger part of our everyday life. We want to build day to day business decisions more on hard facts and less on gut feeling. Therefore we are searching for an experienced Data Engineer to join our motivated team. You will be in the centre of our data collection and processing pipeline and will be tasked with building up a scalable, reliable and robust data pipeline that feeds into many other systems.The Tasks
- Take over responsibility in designing and evolving our Data Processing pipeline
- Build up a centralized Data Warehouse in the long run that acts as the unique source of all relevant data
- Work closely together with other engineers and the BI team to understand the data that we are collecting and help the data consumers to fill their needs fast and efficient
- Play a crucial role in giving Zattoo a 360° view on it’s users actions and journey’s
- Be an in house consultant for how to best track, store and access data
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as Data Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related studies
- Ability to maintain ETL stack
- Ability to engineer ETL processing through the whole data pipeline
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Various database technologies such as MySQL / Postgres / vertica / SAP HANA
- Hadoop / hdfs (AWS-EMR, Pig, Impala, Apache Parquet)
- Bonus: Deep knowledge in ETL processing big amounts of data
- Bonus: Ability to write hadoop map reduce jobs
- Bonus: Dev skills to transform data via scripting language like ruby / python or java / golang
- Bonus: Experience with streaming frameworks such as spark / storm / samza / flink
- Bonus: Experience with Kafka
What's in it for you?
- Flexible work schedules
- Cool and comfortable offices
- Relaxed atmosphere, no dress-code
- Working with an awesome product
- Motivated and international team
- 🍺, 🏓, ⚽️ and 🕺💃
At Zattoo we want to create a new TV experience, independent from location, time and device. Since our start in 2006, we bring a huge selection of sport events, movies and TV series to the favourite devices of our users. In addition, our B2B team delivers TV and VOD solutions to cable operators, internet service providers and many others, thus positioning Zattoo as a top notch technology partner.
We have built a great team that defines and develops the TV experience of the future together. We treat each other with respect and pull on one string to make our vision reality. Flat hierarchies and open communication enable us to cooperate transparently and to act fast. At Zattoo we can be ourselves and simply do what we are best at.