We are a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We envision a world free from fossil fuels and we believe the first step in this journey is creating solutions that make electric vehicle charging easier for everyone.
We’re devoted to researching and developing state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging solutions for homes, businesses, and cities. And this way, our mission is to create more sustainable ways of using and sharing energy.
We want to empower people to create, use and share renewable energy in ways they never imagined.
Wallbox currently operates in over 50 countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Shanghai, and San Francisco.
We are powered by a culture of trust, innovation and diversity. For us, talent has no borders. We have more than 350 dedicated experts from over 30 different nationalities working together to create the most innovative products and the best experiences for our customers.
This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology. We have recently closed our second tranche of Series A investment, bringing the total round to €33M and we’ve been recognised as LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups 2020 in Spain.
We are now starting to build a new Data and Analytics team and are looking for a data engineer to help us create the new Wallbox Data platform
If you love data and SQL, want to work with a modern data stack (using technologies like Fivetran or Stitch, Airflow, dbt, Snowflake, Looker or Tableau and GitLab CI), want to use ELT instead of ETL, believe the data team should adopt version control, data testing and data documentation processes or want to solve problems for the various areas of the company and make their lives easier, this is your opportunity!
As a Data Engineer at Wallbox, you are expected to be comfortable working to high standards as a professional data engineer, helping us to build and maintain a data platform that supports diverse use cases.
- Design, implement and grow our Wallbox Data Platform that ingests, stores, processes and exploits data from disparate data sources
- Design, implement and orchestrate processes and components of data pipelines to support both real-time & batch analytics.
- Give support to all different business units regarding data needs
- Govern all data ingested by the platform and define and implement high-performant, reusable and scalable data models for our data warehouse
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, analyze and operate our data infrastructure and the quality of our datasets
Some of the tasks you will do on a daily basis:
- Import and transform data from many third-party APIs using 3rd party platforms (like Fivetran or Stitch) or internal solutions
- Design complex queries in SQL, in order to optimize the performance of extraction and analysis of big datasets.
- Develop transformation jobs with a SQL-based transformation framework like DBT or a distributed computing framework like Apache Spark.
- Automate data pipelines using tools like Apache Airflow.
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: organize and maintain a data lake/warehouse so that it does not become a data swamp, do data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer reviews
- Apply software engineering best practices like version control and continuous integration to the analytics code base.
- Coach analysts and data scientists on software engineering best practices
- 3+ years of experience working as part of a data team; preferably as a data engineer or as a data analyst.
- Hands-on and strong working knowledge of SQL and Data Modelling
- Be fluent with one or more common data-related programming languages (Python - preferrably, Java, Scala, or similar).
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with task orchestration tools (ex.Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience working with a modern data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or similar).
- Have been involved in importing and transforming data from many third-party APIs or DBs (both 3rd party solutions and internal tools)
- Be familiar with software development best practices and their applications to analytics (version control, testing, CI/CD, automation).
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Analysts.
- Familiarity with infrastructure and automation tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, or similar).
- English is a must
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with AWS Glue
- Experience with data modelling in DBT (or similar)
- Experience with GitLab CI or Github actions
- You are able to work-out effective solutions under uncertain or ambiguous circumstances
- You’re always willing to learn something new and embrace a healthy debate.
- Quality in mind. You can easily detect whether a data result is good or bad in terms of quality and you understand that building good code with strong testing is key to growth and sustainability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have experience designing and implementing features in collaboration with product owners, reporting analysts/data analysts, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after six months
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work 100% remotely
- Friday afternoons off
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee & beverages
- Language classes (English & Spanish)
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca
- Over 20 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain