Data Engineer in Barcelona
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
What will you do?
As a Data Engineer you will help build the architecture that drives our business.
You will design and implement scalable systems that can handle 100K events per second and work with databases with over 150 TB of compressed data.
You will design Socialpoint’s Data Warehouse and ensure the highest level of data integrity and robustness. Finally, you will make all this data available to the different teams using cutting-edge visualization tools.
To achieve all of this you will work closely with awesome developers and data scientists to make Social Point’s BI tools and architecture the best in the industry.
This is you
- 2+ years of programming or scripting experience (Python, Scala, Java, PHP...)
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing architectural components of a Data Warehouse in TBs scale. Preferably using Big Data/Column store DBs (Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, BigQuery …).
- 2+ years experience implementing large scale ETL architecture, supporting multiple data sources (internal and external) and multiple use cases (product analytics, marketing, statistical modeling, executive dashboards).
- Excellent SQL skills, you can optimize a query for a specific database and understand the different capabilities of open source DBs and vendor DBs.
- You have strong dimensional modeling skills, you know how to design the best data model for each type of use case.
- You work fast and can pivot quickly, know how to work in a startup environment and balance quality code with fast results.
- You love to learn new technology and solve new challenges.
And you are also
- Professional, passionate about video games and analytics, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous and data oriented.
- You are smart, creative and pragmatic. You love researching the newest advances and finding practical ways to integrate them into your work.
- You work fast without forgetting quality, quickly understand existing code and learn new concepts easily.
- You understand Data Engineering is also about solving business problems, not just technical ones.
- You have a good English level.
Compensation & Benefits
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English, Spanish & Catalan).
- Spotify Premium for the first 6 months of your employment with us.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace