We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our Data team, reporting to the Data Lead and working side by side with the business, marketing, and engineering teams, following a philosophy 100% Agile.
You will choose emerging technologies and approaches to create high-performance data solutions that scale. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we work by designing data-intensive applications.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You and the rest of the Data team will have the ownership to develop, maintain and deploy high-performance and scalable data-processing and data-integration systems.
- Define and build data architecture for data warehouses/marts and data solutions (including data and dimensional modeling).
- Build data products based in our microservices architecture, deciding on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications.
- Care for the standards and quality of your code and implementation.
What we offer
- Attractive salary
- Ticket restaurant 9€/labour day
- Social benefits package: You can dedicate a part of your gross salary to transport, nursery or private health insurance.
- Budget for external training to build your Career Path and possibilities to grow in the company.
- Great working environment, you will be part of an excellent motivated and professional team.
- Flexible schedules. Free Friday afternoon.
- Our office is based in the heart of Barcelona (Diagonal - Aribau). Free tea and fruit + afterworks and more fun!
- At this moment all the team is working 100% remotely due to the current situation. Once the situation of COVID in Barcelona will become better, we will start working at the office and sharing our time with remote work (2/3 times per week).
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Data Engineer.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Architecting:
- Snowflake, Redshift, or other columnar storage MPP dwh.
- AWS or other cloud computing.
- Experience with ETL/Data Pipelines:
- Advanced SQL.
- Advanced Python.
- Other Skills:
- Version control GIT.
- Linux basic administration.
- Languages: Spanish and English (proficiency).
- Experience in Agile methodologies, specifically in SCRUM.
- Data science skills (analysis, machine learning, etc.) are a plus.