We're looking for a Data Engineer to join the team at Edpuzzle, a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona. The right person will help us better understand our business and help us create the best possible digital product for teachers and students. If you’re looking for a meaningful role on a small team, you’ll feel right at home with us.
You’ll have a front row seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in educational technology, trusted by over 50% of schools in the USA and millions of teachers and students across the globe. In the process, you’ll be challenged daily, learn constantly, see the impact of your opinions and work, and grow as a data engineer.
speaking, we use Node.js and MongoDB for our backend, and React and
Redux for our frontend. We’re fully hosted on AWS which we also use to
store and stream our own pool of videos.
- Provide your expert advice into re-building and maintaining the architecture that will drive our business.
- Work closely with awesome developers to improve Edpuzzle's analytics tools.
- Define data flows, optimize data processing and help with data modeling.
- Work with the Growth team to optimize company funnels (acquisition, activation and engagement).
- Carry out hands-on backend and frontend development to guarantee all of the above.
- Perform data analysis and provide reports to the rest of the team.
- You will be responsible for setting and monitoring the dashboards from which the rest of the team will make their decisions.
- You will be part of a global team building an education platform for one of the hottest technology companies in the edtech industry.
- 2+ years' experience in data engineering.
- You have demonstrated strengths in data modeling, ETL development and data warehousing.
- The opportunity to work in education at Edpuzzle excites you.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You love learning and mastering technologies.
- You're self-directed and can manage goals and deadlines effectively.
- You have an excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of the audience.
- You feel comfortable communicating in English.
- You must have Spanish or EU working papers.
- You live in or near Barcelona or are willing to relocate.
As an added bonus, you have experience with:
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, etc.
- Competitive salary and equity and a substantial yearly salary review.
- A fun, friendly team of highly-motivated people with different skill sets and backgrounds.
- Brand new Macbook Pro and double monitor setup.
- Brand new office in Barcelona with a chill out room and a terrace.
- Team activities during working hours.
- Free coffee, snacks and drinks.
- Flexible remuneration: transport, health insurance, restaurants and childcare.
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly value diversity at our company. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
We are a small team of very talented people distributed between San Francisco and Barcelona. We started over 3 years ago at ImagineK12, the first education incubator in the USA and now part of Y Combinator (where Airbnb and Dropbox were born). We are grateful for the support our teachers and investors give us every day.
We empower teachers to make any video their lesson with a combination of our simple video-editing tools and powerful analytics about their students' progress. Teachers can turn any video into an engaging and effective lesson with just a few clicks and then always know which students understand that lesson, who needs help, if there are any misconceptions about the material, etc. thanks to our automatically gathered insights about their students. We work towards a day where every teacher and student will be just a click away from an excellent online education. Together we are building a pool of the best video lessons for the classroom.