Glovo (glovoapp.com) is looking for a world-class data engineer to work in our Barcelona office. You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment and solving difficult problems. You are passionate about data and inventing new and elegant solutions to support our internal customers’ needs and believe in empowering the entire company by facilitating efficient access to data.
You will develop new data pipelines that leverage cloud architecture and perform transformations on existing data to support new use cases. You will be using Redshift as our primary data warehouse solution to create the curated data model for the enterprise to leverage.
- Design, implement, and support an analytical platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets
- Interface with internal teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
- Continually improve ongoing ETL, reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Data Warehousing Experience (for example Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.)
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Knowledge of Mathematical Statistics
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.) a plus
- Good English
- Free Glovo credits
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!