We're looking for a data engineer to work with our Data department. You will contribute with your knowledge and experience to improve and increase the company's data flows. The final goal is to set up, evolve and maintain an infrastructure so the different company departments can be independent to understand, handle and manipulate their own data and KPIs.
In our growing (+30 people) tech & product team, we have a pragmatic, agile, quality-oriented development methodology.
We like lean & agile methodologies, XP, good practices, design principles, and patterns.
We enjoy working in a healthy culture that pursues a healthy balance between personal and professional life and encourages us to keep growing both professionally and personally and promoting people’s creativity and productivity.
You will play a key role in designing and developing our data ecosystem, big data-pipelines, data tooling and processes. You will also help make the vast amount of our data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
The Data team plays the central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data ecosystem, data processes and analytics capabilities.
The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so we, as a company, are empowered to make the best data-driven decisions.
- You will develop complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You will help to implement Data Governance in the Data infrastructure working closely with the Devops team
- You will optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You will look for best tools or solutions in order to give response to new needs from stakeholders
- You will work with data scientists, data analysts and the whole Engineering department to ensure high data quality
- You will work closely with all stakeholders understanding their needs and finding the best way to make their work easy
- European Work Permit
- Demonstrable experience (2+ years) working as a Data Engineer on AWS cloud or similar
- Good knowledge of Apache Spark, specially PySpark
- Used to work with code versioning tools like Git
- Familiar with Zeppelin or Jupyter notebooks
- Strong SQL knowledge. You can write complex queries and optimise them for performance, scalability and ease of maintenance
- Relational Databases like PostgreSQL.
- Quality and detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy. We need to trust all the data delivered by the team
- Write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- Have an analytical mind and make your decisions based on the data available
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- AWS Glue
- Apache Airflow
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Redshift, PostgreSQL (RDS).
- Data Modeling: Snowflake or Star Schema
- Python/Pyspark or Java
- Git / GitHub
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible compensation plan (transport, restaurants, ...).
- Real flexible working hours and remote when needed.
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Transparency and open culture.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decisions.
- A tangible impact on the product and also on the company culture.
- Continuous learning:
- Personal budget for conferences, courses, books ...
- 10% of the time to work on any project you're interested in.
- Weekly sessions.
- Free Spanish or English classes.
- Free drinks and fruits.
- All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro, and a 27" external display.
- 23 days of vacation per year + 2 free days.
- Beautiful office based on a bike-friendly location in the center of Barcelona with a big terrace and plenty of nice places nearby.
- Oh! We don't have a ping-pong table here, but we do encourage you to have a healthy work/life balance so you can play in your free time.
What we do is give shoppers tools with which they buy freely, without long processes, in more fair and transparent conditions, and without small print. The future of payment in ecommerce is in what is fair and transparent, in what is common sense.