Stuart (Geopost Group) is an eco-friendly 🌱 last-mile delivery company 📦 that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers 🚴🏽♂️. 🚙. across several countries in Europe.
Build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
Stuart is growing to fulfil that vision. In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
We are a melting-pot of 450 people working from Paris 🇫🇷, London 🇬🇧, Barcelona, Madrid 🇪🇸 and remote 🌏.
More than 2 000 companies work with us already across Food, Grocery, Retail and Pharmacy to deliver all types of goods, among which essentials for people on lockdown / self-isolating because of the coronavirus. We are at the right moment and the right place to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high.
We are looking for a Data Engineer 🤖 to take part in the scaling of our data platform and support the company’s growth.
Our Data Engineering team is distributed across 2 locations: Barcelona (Carrer de Pau Claris) and Paris (Avenue des Ternes). Stuart is a remote-friendly company, with a team of more than 100 engineers across Europe.
For this role, we are open to candidates who want to live and work in either France, Spain, or the UK.
Our stack currently includes technologies like Apache Airflow, Docker, Apache Kafka, Jenkins, etc. and we extensively use AWS products like S3, Redshift, and Athena.
What will you do?
- Design, implement and maintain a solid Data Lake and Data Warehouse that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Science teams to help them design and build machine-learning algorithms and tooling to explore and visualize data.
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience design and implementing data platforms
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with query engines like AWS Athena, Hive, SparkSQL or similar technologies
Nice to have
- Experience in designing data lakes in Amazon S3
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Flink or similar technologies
- Experience with data quality processes
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
- Stuart Academy 👩🎓 to develop your skills
- And much more - our HR team is constantly implementing new initiatives!
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.