You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world through our media and marketplace products. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Scientists and engineers in our team work to make 700 million of user behaviour events from all around the world understandable for analysts and business users in the company, daily. This large data set is also one of the most diverse data sets in the world and we work with the latest data technologies (Spark, AWS services, Kafka).
At the same time, we also believe that our scientists and engineers are at their best when they share ideas, problems, and solutions with each other. While we work in different application areas, we support one another and push each other to constantly learn and perfect our craft.
As a Data Engineer within the Insights team, you will work alongside a group of highly talented scientists and engineers based in Barcelona to develop and deploy highly scalable global analytics and reporting tools.
- Working as part of the Insights team to develop and deploy highly scalable global analytics and reporting tools using world-class cloud computing platforms combining large variety of data sources.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to identify new features to increase user growth, market value, and monetization for our products.
- Assess the value of new data sources and help drive the collection of new data to provide the best quality data for business decisions.
- Work closely with product teams to design powerful visualizations and help translate data into actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering).
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.).
- Experience with NoSQL databases design and optimization (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc).
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Understanding of Software Development best practices. Fluent in a development language (Scala, Python,…), and interested in learning more.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!