Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
Preply is looking for an experienced professional to join its Data team and handle data pipelines and infrastructure to support the rest of the team (Data Analyst / Data Scientists). Your objective will guarantee and generate usable data with optimal data structure. You will have full autonomy to take ownership of the current ETL and develop future improvements.
- Provide accurate, deep and thorough data analysis of matters linked to the usage of the product (website, Preply Space for lessons, on desktop, mobile web and app)
- Together with the rest of the Data team, define the main data model and adapt data structure
- Maintain the data pipeline making sure that it’s a robust platform the rest of teams can rely on.
- Problem solving in case an issue arises by fixing the issue and recovering historical data.
- Ensure that the right data is tracked accurately and made available within our databases and data warehouse, develop our analytics capabilities.
- Work with the Data Analyst to identify new opportunities of improvements or needs
- Assure we have the data to build our models
- Automate data pipelines (airflow) needed.
- Automate the export and collection of 3rd party tools (Facebook ads, Google ads, Intercom, …) through their API’s.
- Maintain and improve the current data infrastructure.
- Transform data structure in our Data Warehouse to make it easier, efficient and logical to query data by the main user dimensions
- Degree in Engineering/Statistics /Mathematics
- 3-4 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python required
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on marketplace equations
- Experience building sophisticated ETL processes that bulk all the data from Production Databases to a main Data Lake
- Experience building comprehensive Data Models
- Experience exporting data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Good understanding of Data Analysts needs and main business metrics in a 2 sided marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Competitive salary according to candidate’s experience
- Join a top talented team with a strong data mindset from all over the world
- Easy-to-reach location in the city centre
- Monthly allowance to learn new languages on Preply.com
- Possibility to become a part of a truly big story at the start of its development
Diversity is important for us:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.