GSN Games is looking for a talented Data Engineer based in Barcelona to be part of our Global Data team.
About the Data Team:
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the nearly one billion records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with the GSN Data team (based in Barcelona and San Francisco) on key data initiatives for the company. This includes all aspects of data delivery, from ingestion, pipelining and ETL.
• Participate in design, implementation deploying of full pipelines utilizing AWS data technologies (AWS Kinesis/Lambdas, Fargate, etc.)
• Design, implement and deploy ETLs on Apache Airflow
• Work with data team in the US on global roadmap and data initiatives
• Help build, develop and manage a small data engineering/analytics team in Barcelona
• Exceptional experience and proficiency with Python
• Experience with object oriented programming in Java/C++/C#
• Highly proficient in writing and optimizing SQL queries (Vertica a plus)
• Strong analytical ability and debugging skills
• Experience developing software against 3rd party APIs / RESTful web services and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
• Experience with full life cycle of massive datasets including ETL, cleaning, data analysis and deployment in the Cloud
• 2+ years’ experience as a Data Engineer in a large scale environment
• Experience in distributed computing / analytics technologies such as Apache Storm, Spark or Esper
• Experience with Apache Airflow
• Previous experience with Vertica
• Previous experience with Tableau
• You have experience in the gaming industry
GSN Games delivers social casino and skill-based games designed to fuel every player’s inner winner. Founded in 1999, the company has evolved into one of the world’s top game publishers and creators. Its collection of social casino games includes GSN Casino and Bingo Bash, both top 10 grossing iPad apps, as well as Wheel of Fortune Slots: The Ultimate Collection, Solitaire TriPeaks, Mirrorball Slots, Fresh Deck Poker and more. GSN Games also features WorldWinner.com and the WorldWinner app, where players can compete for real money in skill-adapted versions of the biggest game franchises of all time. Owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and AT&T Entertainment Group, GSN Games operates eight locations worldwide across Boston, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Washington, D.C., London, Barcelona, Bengaluru and Zaporozhye, Ukraine. Connect with us on Twitter @insidegsngames, on Instagram @gsngames and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsn.
About GSN Games