Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
Softonic is looking for a data engineer to join our talented team in Barcelona. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with brand new Google’s Cloud Platform Data Lake and help us to manage all the data ingestion of the data and move it to the next level ingesting new real-time sources.
- Manage the current data ingestion process on GCP (App Engine - Python - and DataPrep).
- Design & Implement the integration of additional data sources either on batch or real-time (PubSub).
- Work with our Data Scientist & Data Analysts in order to implement and productionize ML models.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Minimum experience and qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ Years experience working with Python.
- 2+ Years of related experience working on GCP components: App Engine, PubSub, DataFlow, DataPrep, …
- Experience with Google BigQuery.
- Experience on Database Design, Data Warehousing and SQL.
- Experience with GitHub and code pipeline techniques
- Google Data Engineer Certification.
- Willingness to learn and experiment and to work autonomously.
- Team player