XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Our Data Science team is responsible for turning data into services and products for New Work SE. Around 25 Data scientists, architects and engineers work together to create highly scalable solutions which serve millions of users. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms into production by making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. Learn more about our team at: https://bit.ly/data-science-team
At the moment, we are building up a Data Platform that aims at facilitating the development and operation of data-processing components, services and products (e.g. ML models for classifying content, information extraction components, recommender services, etc.). This platform will focus on both batch as well as real-time processing scenarios. Means for meshing up data from various sources with adequate data dependency management, providing sustainable Data cataloging functionality, automating machine learning pipelines and providing building blocks that ease and speed-up the development of data-driven services and products are among the key challenges that we would like to solve.
Therefore, we are seeking an experienced Data Engineer who helps us to tackle these challenges and contributes to building up an awesome, large-scale Data Platform for NEW WORK SE. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, and if you like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task
- Design and implement data processing components, libraries and platform services that ease the development of data-driven components, services and products (e.g. machine learning workflows, search services, recommender services, etc.) and thus help shaping our Data Platform.
- Contribute to the implementation and operation of Data Cataloguing functionality.
- Build, deploy, monitor and operate platform services within the NEW WORK infrastructure while enhancing quality of service and automating processes.
- Help other Data Engineers and Data Scientists to design and implement highly scalable batch or real-time data processing workflows/components, services and products that make smart use of data to provide data-driven functionality (e.g. search services, recommender services, classification services, etc.), leveraging machine learning, Big Data technology, and distributed systems.
- Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Spark or MapReduce.
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering experience.
- Knowledge and solid experience in implementing scalable software and data-driven services that processes large datasets, using Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.), data storages (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores) and related data processing technologies (e.g. Kafka, Akka, etc.), as well as programming languages such as Scala/Java/Python (for real-time and batch processing).
- A test-driven and service-oriented development mindset, and strive for building testable, predictable and simple code that makes life of fellow Data Engineers/Scientists easy. At senior level, proven track-record of building rock-solid data-driven solutions (i.e. fault-tolerant, highly reliable features, solutions that scale regarding volume of data, robustness regarding changing data characteristics, modulable and easily extendable etc.).
- Experience in building up data platforms, data processing libraries and frameworks or building up data cataloguing functionality is a plus.
- Proficient English language skills.
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your Community of Practice.
- Prompt to laugh. Daily. Multiple times.
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!