We are searching for an inspired and motivated Data Engineer to join our Insights team. Come help us achieve the next level in our data transformations into business solutions!
Our Insights team helps all departments to get to their business goals through data. We believe that Data is for Everyone and Decisions should be based on Data. So, among other things you will:
- Assure that data from existing and new data sources is available to users
- Work together with the team in order to have a maintainable and robust data architecture
- Develop data pipelines and model database tables maintaining a good quality
- Write scripts for data integration and analytic use cases
Why you should join our data team
- Supportive team open to new ideas
- We have a modern cloud-based stack, which we are ready to evolve
- Very little time is spent on maintenance
- You will be given enough time to develop quality solutions
- Data driven company that recognizes the value of our work
What you will bring
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- You have 1-2 years’ experience of data modeling and querying in a relational database
- You have attention for detail and concern for quality
- You are not afraid of taking technical decisions and being responsible for them
- You are a real team player - we rely on each other to accomplish tasks
- You have used a cloud platform (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, ...)
- You have worked with Git
- You have written unit tests for code or data
-Amazon Redshift, Lambda, Data Pipelines for data transformations
- Amazon EC2, CloudFormation, S3, DynamoDB for data architecture
- Adjust, Amplitude, Amazon Kinesis for event processing
- ChartIO, Redash for reporting
What makes working at ABA English great?
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams.
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company.
- Work from our office in the heart of sunny and beautiful Barcelona (relocation packages are available if you do not currently live in Barcelona).
- Free Breakfast every Friday.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount.
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers.
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet.
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English