Data Engineer in Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.TravelPerk are innovators.
During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to scale our Data Operations team and help us improve our Data Governance & Data Integration processes. This Role’s mission will be:
- Ensure we are able to keep all data in our DWH updated and accessible for analysis
- Partner with the Data analysts to support the requirements of the company in terms of analytics, reliability and efficiency
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to extract data from different sources and integrate it in the DWH following data modeling best practices
What you will do:
- Take charge of the required data processing while ensuring sustainable and organic growth of the data model and the infrastructure
- Keep our data infrastructure up to date and working like a clock
- Integrate and model datasets from different sources
- Support our Data Analysts & BI Developers to get the right data to build awesome dashboards and complex analytical models
- Support Product and Analytics teams in defining the best approaches for data modeling
- Use data to investigate and help resolve issues in our product or processes
- Proactively suggest improvements to data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, Big-Data Engineer or similar role working with large-scale data systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- You are a Master in SQL, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance
- You feel comfortable querying different types of databases (PostgreSQL, Redshift, Snowflake) and have knowledge of different AWS services
- You’re an ace at data modeling, accustomed to designing and implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution while taking into account the needs of multiple users
- You have experience building data pipelines using Python
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork
- You have an instinct for automation
- You have the desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals
Bonus points for…
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other distributed systems (Snowflake, Big Query, Hadoop, Vertica, Exasol, etc.). Basic DBA skills
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking and event-based analytics tools
- Experience with workflow managers (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with dbt.
- Experience in queue and streaming systems (SNS, Kafka, Firehose…)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- A mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country once or twice per week depending on your position
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome to!
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!