ViaNova is on a mission to reduce congestion and pollution in cities: we are the leading platform for managing urban mobility, partnering with cities and private mobility operators, in enabling more liveable streets, through better data analysis. We aggregate securely data of share mobility services such as free floating electric scooters, and provide cities with a platform to manage and regulate these fleets.
City officials can visualise and understand usage patterns of these services, through insightful analytics. They can also set up rules and regulations, and push them to private operators, and get live compliance reporting.
With our platform, we aim to become the control tower for the cities to manage and regulate mobility operators, transporting goods and people. Our platform has been released three months ago, we are marketing it to cities and enrolling into pilot program with leading European capitals. Leading mobility providers and European capitals have tested our platform and we are aiming to run ten pilots by end of the year.
ViaNova has been awarded several innovation prizes and is currently located at the leading start-up incubator VillageByCA Paris. We are looking for an ambitious, intuitive and quick-witted full-stack developer intern to join our fast growing, mobility company based in central Paris. The team is made of 6 people with 20 years expertise in mobility and data-science.
- Implement mobility data API using custom API from mobility providers and mobility data standards
- Develop algorithms using data-mining and machine learning to predict mobility demand and public space utilisation
- Construct algorithms to create mobility analytics (density of vehicles, mobility flows, parking patterns)
- Assit in defining, maintaining and expanding the ViaNova database
- Research and implement techniques to reduce data processing time
- Use proprietary & public datasets in combination with private datasets to detect events or enforce regulations
- Propose and experiment innovative approaches for city data mining and pattern recognition
- Keep the company up-to-date with data-science practices
- Master's degree in data-science or equivalent from leading engineering school
- Experience with large data set manipulation, data mining, machine learning algorithms and backend software programming
- Python programming skills with two (2) years or more experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, building processes, testing, and iterations
- Knowledge of architecture Rest / GraphQL
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Collaborative worker, good team spirit, ability to take the initiative, willing to challenge and be challenged
- A self-starter with enthusiasm for learning new development tools, techniques, and practices
- Proficient in English
- Inspired by movements for urban mobility / smart cities / FinTech
- Be part of a challenging adventure, with a passionate team, shaping the future of mobility in Europe
- An agile and fun working culture, with great colleagues to mentor, guide and develop your skills
- Work alongside former executives from Google, HSBC and IBM
- Celebrate company as well as personal events: share apéros/lunches together
- Comfortable offices in the center of Paris