We are looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer
who can help setting up our greenfield Data Warehouse platform on
Azure. This is a unique opportunity to use your experience to get the
best out of the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. The centralized platform
will provide current and future data needs for the whole company, and
you will be responsible to make this happen.
Zamro is a young, ambitious e-commerce company crazy about technical
parts and tools. Backed by a global leader in the market of technical
products, we are the new player on the MRO (maintenance, repair and
operations) market. Our ambition is to become the leading supplier in
Europe for industrial supplies. Our total portfolio exceeds 500.000
items, ranging from tools and consumables to highly specialized machine
parts. At the moment, we are already active in three different markets
(Netherlands, Belgium, Germany).
As our new Data Engineer you will setup our Greenfields Data Warehouse environment and you will be responsible for the data topic as a whole, to ensure business insight and future development and analysis. Not only will you be responsible for the setup of our data warehouse environment but also you will maintain this.
What are you going to do?
- Maintaining, enhancing, and architecting our data infrastructure
- Architecting and building and loading datasets in our data warehouse
- Performance tuning our data warehouse
- Analyzing data and give insight and feedback for business related questionnaires
What are we looking for?
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience in TSQL and the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS)
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience creating data visualization and reporting
- Ability to analyze data infrastructure to identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to proactively identify data issues and drive to resolution.
- Using relational databases
- bonus: Experience in working with the Azure environment
- bonus: C# knowledge
- bonus: Working with Linux, including writing Bash scripts
- bonus: Experience with (object-oriented) programming languages (e.g. Python + Pandas / R / Julia )
- bonus: Software engineering practices
- bonus: Hadoop / Hive / Spark / MapReduce
- bonus: NoSQL databases
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation package
- Start-up environment: small & high energy team, no bureaucracy, limited defined roles and paths
- Fast learning experience due to immediate scale-up potential
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam, next to Central Station