Founded in 2013, OYO is the world's fastest growing hotel network operating over 800+ cities 23000+ hotels and 850,000+ rooms across 80+ countries including India, China, Japan, Malaysia, UAE, Indonesia and UK.
OYO has received several accolades including Economic Times Startup of the Year (2018), LinkedIn Top Employer in India (2018), Express IT Startup of the Year Award (2015), NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year (2016) and IAMAI Digital Startup of the Year (2016). It was recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India every year since 2016. OYO is backed by leading global investors, including the SoftBank Group, China Lodging, Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Technology is a core driver of every aspect of OYO’s business, from supply discovery, hotel onboarding, transformation, CX management, booking and post booking experience, to running efficient hotel operations. Led by engineering leaders and principal engineers with extensive past experience at companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Adobe, OYO is proud to have one of the best technology teams anywhere in the world. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you don’t have to choose between complexity and scale and get to learn from some of the sharpest colleagues, OYO is the right place for you.
OYO in Europe
Following its considerable success in India, OYO in now looking to transform the European hospitality landscape by building a network of hotels, guest homes and holiday residences across the continent. As part of our ambitious expansion plans we are hiring Data Engineers for Amsterdam. Working with the local business teams and supported by our new Technology Center in Amsterdam, you will be responsible for conceiving, building and supporting the products and services we need to make OYO successful in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and experienced data Engineers who believes in the OYO mission and puts the customer first!
We are looking for a Data Engineer that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
Roles & Responsibilties
- Design, develop and support data platform with large dataset for ad-hoc access, recurring reports
- Implement ELT/ETL processes from a wide variety of data sources using best practices while working with other technology teams
- Work with business teams to understand their data needs, gather requirements and delivering dataset
- Work on automating/improving existing data sets, ETL/ELF pipelines
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical discipline from premier institute
- 2-4 years of strong hands-on development experience
- 1+ years experience of hands-on big data experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis, operating system
- Should be excellent in problem solving skills
- Should be able to write high quality code - preferably in Java/Python/Ruby/C++
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data modelling, SQL and Databases knowledge
- Good understanding of HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Tez
Good to Have
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Exposure of BI tools like Tableau/Qliksense/Superset
- Experience of building applications with streams and complex event processing
- Should be able to prioritize in fast-moving complex environment and produce solutions despite complex requirements