What you’ll be doing
As a part of the Engineering department, our Data Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of our analytical tools. Some we will source from third parties, others we will build in-house.
Currently, our data is stored in MySQL, Postgres, Redshift and S3,
and we’re always looking for new ways and tools to turn that data into
actionable insights. The Data Engineer plays a crucial role in that
process, sitting at the intersection between engineering and business.
Impact the experience of millions of users around the world.
Who we are looking for?
Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are looking for someone who will gladly choose an off the shelf solution when it is the right fit, but is also not afraid to get their hands dirty with code when such a solution does not exist.
- are comfortable writing SQL
- are always looking to automate things, and hate doing the same manual thing twice
- have previously worked on data warehousing, and know the playing field well
- have experience with BI tools like Tableau, AWS Quicksight, or similar
- have at least played with AWS before, but preferably have run some things on it
- have experience doing ETL, know what a DAG is, and are familiar with
data workflow management systems (experience with Airflow is a plus)
- are not afraid of code, and have experience writing clean and maintainable Python or Ruby
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!