About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
About the job
You will be working with the task of putting the models created by the AI team into production. Your tasks will be to provide support and insights in a variety of roles, mainly testing the code, packaging it and putting it onto production by scaling it in AWS. You will have the opportunity to gain skills and hands-on knowledge about the earth observation, data science and artificial intelligence industries. Tackling images from a broad range of sources you will be solving with us real-world big data problems. You will work in a dynamic environment to deliver high quality results against aggressive schedules. This position is based in Barcelona.
You must be an eager learner who is highly familiar with programming, preferably with Python. You are passionate, dedicated and able to work against the clock. You have experience in server side programming and are motivated to deliver highly competitive results to sustain our distributed environment. You are interested in computational optimization, thinking out-of-the-box and solving complex problems. You enjoy working as a team.
- BS/MSc in Computer Science or other quantitative fields.
- You must have at least 2 years of hands-on/working experience.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Experience in distributed and asynchronous systems.
- Experience in production-ready systems.
- Experience with distributed processing and storage, preferably with AWS.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and practices
- Experience with deployment of production-ready ML products
- Knowledge on image processing with Python tools
- Experience with GIS systems, satellite imagery and location data
- Experience in Docker environments.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and programming languages (both are required).