ABOUT THE ROLE
We are expanding our data-science team in order to increase and improve the support provided by them to the company. Currently the team counts two members and it is supported by data engineers and software developers across the company. As part of the data-science team you will be supporting the teams around the company with data analysis. The ideal candidate would be a data analyst with a background in search engine and pay-per-click marketing and data-driven keyword-betting strategies.
Specifically, your main objectives will be building up ready-to-use data sets, explore and analyse them with scientific methods, infer informative and meaningful insights, able to significantly contribute to the work and the decision-making process of the teams around the company. In particular, you will start working with our marketing team in their efforts to attract and engage more paying learners with our portfolio of short online courses. As part of FutureLearn you will be able to work within a stimulating, multidisciplinary, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork (AGILE framework), personal initiatives and career growth.
● Data wrangling of pre-processed data stored in databases
● Data exploration, analysis and visualization / reporting
● Understanding, interpreting and communicating data-driven insights to the teams
● Evaluating, recommending, and helping to make and implement insight-driven decisions, improvements and experiments
● Recommending and helping to implement improvements to data collection, storage and processing to facilitate its analysis
● Helping to prioritise and respond to team requests of data and information according to the scope of the project (business, research, etc.)
You must be:
● Numerate, statistics and data literate, with the ability to use the scientific method
● Self-sufficient with web analytics packages
● Capable of extracting and manipulating large datasets stored in relational databases
● Commercially aware, with the ability to understand and communicate key performance indicators and to translate findings into commercial insights and recommendations
● Knowledge about marketing strategies and practices including search-engine and pay-per-click marketing and keyword-betting strategies
● A good collaborator, with the ability to understand commercial (but not only) problems, challenge assumption where appropriate and work with people of different disciplines and backgrounds in a cross-functional team
● A strong communicator, with the ability to draw out relevant conclusions for an audience and to present complex data simply and clearly
● Reliable, accurate, exhibiting attention to detail and robust understanding of caveats and scope limitations
● Organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage your own projects and allocate your time according to business objectives.
Essential technical skills:
● Knowledgeable in at least one of these languages/tools at intermediate level: SQL/PostgreSQL/Periscope
● Good knowledge of digital marketing tools, including Google Analytics
● Knowledgeable in at least one of these programming languages at intermediate level: Python (preferred), R, SPSS
Desired professional competence:
● Data analysis within a marketing team at a digital product and/or commercial business
● Data analysis within a multidisciplinary working environment
● Competitive salary
● 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
● Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
● Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
● Cycle to work scheme
● Season Ticket loan
● Flexible working environment/hours
● Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
● OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
● Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
FutureLearn is an equal opportunities organisation who value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented, including those from the LGBT+ community, neurodiverse people, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.
About Future Learn