We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over the US $30m by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over US$ 1.25 trillion is spent each year. We were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
Are you ready to take off with us? Keep reading!
What you will do:
As a Data Analyst, you will be managing and analyzing all data being processed at TravelPerk in order to create useful insights for strategic purposes. This is an instrumental position to bring the business to the next level, as you will support Product owners, Marketing, and Management with visual data analysis to facilitate conversations and assist in data-driven decision making.
The Data Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product and business decisions and strategy
- Query datasets from different sources, turn data into information, information into insight and insight into product and business decisions.
- Use data to investigate and help resolve issues in our product or processes
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Data modelling, design and implementation of ETL processes. Acquire data, consolidate and maintain it in a central database.
- Apply visualization techniques to facilitate conversations and assist in decision making.
- Support Product owners, Marketing, and Management with visual data analysis to facilitate conversations and assist in decision making.
Requirements to apply:
- Data engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or similar.
- 3+ years of relevant experience interpreting data in a business intelligence, analytics, or data science/data scientist role, including relevant tools, techniques, and technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English.
- Excellent analytical skills.
You will need to prove the following:
- You are a Master in data analysis tools (SQL, Google Analytics, and excel)
- Experience with statistical packages (Python, R)
- Comfortable querying different type of databases (ie PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience preparing, consolidating and normalizing data: ETL processes (i.e. Pentaho Data Integration).
- Experience with different data visualization and BI tools (ie Tableau, Looker).
- The desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
- We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
- English is the official language at the office.
The Data Analyst position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!