We're looking for a data analyst. You will contribute with your knowledge and experience to elicit data requirements and provide solutions to such requirements.
You will be the link between the business units and the more techie part of the Data Department. That's why a very important part of your role will be to liaise with the business units to collect requirements and provide support on how to exploit the existing data.
In our growing (+30 people) tech & product team, we have a pragmatic, agile, quality-oriented development methodology: short sprints with continuous delivery, pair programming, TDD with code & design reviews.
We like lean & agile methodologies, XP, good practices, design principles, and patterns.
We enjoy working in a healthy culture that pursues a good balance between personal and professional life and encourages us to keep growing.
Your main missions will be:
- Help the business units to define and design their KPIs.
- Automate business KPIs that can be easily accessed, used, and understood by the business people. For doing so:
- you will design, develop, and maintain dashboards,
- you will design and develop reports for analyzing core business activity, focusing on operational metrics and KPIs.
- Provide reports and data extractions to support specific business decisions.
- Not only provide data but extract insights and actionable recommendations with the purpose of helping the business units to make the best decisions.
- Use the DWH but also integrating data from other sources to have a comprehensive vision of the business.
- Work with the data engineers to define and organize the information on the data platform.
- Contribute to the development of the report and dashboard platforms.
- Communicate solutions and present them to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Provide end-user support to data engineers, other analysts, and business people.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible compensation plan (transport, restaurants, ...).
- Real flexible working hours and remote when needed.
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Transparency and open culture.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decisions.
- A tangible impact on the product and also on the company culture.
- Continuous learning:
- Personal budget for conferences, courses, books ...
- 10% of the time to work on any project you're interested in.
- Weekly sessions.
- Free Spanish or English classes.
- Free drinks and fruits.
- All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro, and a 27" external display.
- 23 days of vacation per year + 2 free days.
- Beautiful office based on a bike-friendly location in the center of Barcelona with a big terrace and plenty of nice places nearby.
- Oh! We don't have a ping-pong table here, but we do encourage you to have a healthy work/life balance so you can play in your free time.
- European Work Permit
- Demonstrable experience (3+ years) working with Tableau or other data visualisation and reporting tools such as QlikView, Sense or similar.
- Strong SQL knowledge. You can write complex queries and optimise them for performance, scalability and ease of maintenance.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel related to data analysis and manipulation.
- Highly quality and detail-oriented and a keen eye for accuracy. We need to trust all the data delivered by the team.
- Well developed time management skills. You will have to manage a high volume of requests and we expect you to properly prioritise and set proper deliver expectations (and deliver on time!)
- Ability to do functional analysis of projects/requests and go down to the technical detail of them (e.g., be able to do good functional analysis, kpi's, dimensions, and identify necessary data sources).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Tableau, that is our current analytical tool.
- Redshift, PostgreSQL (RDS).
- Data Modeling: Snowflake or Star Schema.
- Cloud Platform (AWS, Google, …).