TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Part of our global Data team based from the EMEA Headquarters located in Amsterdam, you will be working with a variety of business stakeholders providing data and actionable insights as well as helping them to make data-informed decisions. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers.
- Support and advise the business with ad-hoc analytics as well as applying statistical techniques to create insights and discover new business opportunities
- Enable and support the business regarding the development and use of data analysis and reporting by building reporting-grade data sources in our BI environment and translating those data sources into meaningful dashboards and reports for easy business use
- Provide business expertise and guidance (consultative partnership) on how to apply leverage data analytics and reporting within business operations
- Create and deliver documentation and training on reporting and BI tools for business users to enable self-service on company data
- Ph.D. or Masters in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or information science
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Analysis.
- Experienced in SQL
- Experienced in BI tooling like Tableau, Looker, etc
- Demonstrated ability to translate business information needs into technical requirements and functional code/reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard statistical techniques like significance testing, regression modeling, etc
- Familiar with commonly used data technical tools like:
- R, Python
- Excellent communication, relationship skills, and a strong team player.