Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for a stand-out Cyber Security Engineer to join the IT department in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 270+ engineering partners worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 170,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Cyber Security Engineer to help us deliver secure solutions to our customers.
You will work in a collaborative environment reporting to the head of IT where you will work extensively with our product & engineering teams and other IT colleagues to assess, improve, maintain and monitor the security standards of our products portfolio and IT infrastructures.
You’ll have a broad set of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Perform vulnerability assessments against our products.
- Training and improving the awareness of the technical team about the importance of cybersecurity.
- Support technical Local Information Technologies team in order to develop secure architecture and systems within the internal infrastructure.
- Implementation of security policies in the various cloud environments
- Monitor accesses and action on the various local and cloud environments.
- Development of code guidelines
- Data Protection: be able to assess the legal team in technical as well as being able to deploy initiatives with countermeasures to cover potential sources of data leakages.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in an IT security / Cyber Security role
- High level of English & Spanish: speaking and writing
- Ability to perform risk and vulnerabilities assessments
- Linux & Windows environment experience
- Experience with networking, Authentication and Authorization methods and data loss prevention technologies.
- Cloud platform knowledge (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Understand CircleCI / Analysis of Code
- Nice to have: Embedded code and Gateway analysis
- Nice to have: IoT expertise at HW level
- Be able to present in front of a technical audience
Competencies include efficiency, integrity, Intelligence, Analytical skills, persistence, proactivity, enthusiasm, communication and teamwork.
- Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries.
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented.
- You will work remotely while the COVID situation persists
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting).
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.).
- You can expect a competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.