We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a cyber security engineer you will be a member of the security engineering team with responsibility to assess, deploy, configure and maintain various security products across a very broad scope.
Being part of this team you will participate in the defense of one of the world’s leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn, and develop skills in the a truly world leading security practice.
- Work with the business and users to define needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating and implementing improvements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology trends.
- Strong focus on innovation and respond quickly and confidently to change.
- Team player. Collaborate with technology teams on finding the right solutions to existing problems.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
- 5+ years experience of Microsoft security practices and engineering with a strong emphasis on automation and architecture design.
- Demonstrable industry leading expertise across all aspects of cyber security monitoring and defense.
- Advanced understanding regarding IT security concepts at both a technical and procedural level.
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system integration and administration, and application layers in hardware and/or cloud services/environments.
- Able to provide thought leadership whilst maintaining the foundations and operate in a humble and respectful manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry certification (MCSE, CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP, CESG).
- Excellent communication skills.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 600+ hi-tech professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!