Allot is an industry leader in network security and visibility. A global growing company in cyber-security with a strong Tier1 customer base. We embrace an Agile way of working, priding ourselves on being fast, diverse, and dynamic. We are real team players who are ready to go the extra mile to succeed. We believe that anyone can make an impact and together our team spirit makes all the difference. This is your opportunity to develop, professionally, and personally.
What we’re looking for:
We're looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our global R&D team to work on the next generation Allot Security Products and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our products. The candidate should have high technical skills and will bring hands-on experience in backend development, Agile methodology, CloudOps, and data engineering that is necessary both for our team strength and future product growth.
This means not only coding the solution, but taking part in architecting it. We want to hear your voice and opinion in the ongoing discussion of the best way to design a modern huge-scale microservices-based Backend system.
What you’ll do:
- You will work as a Backend Engineer, taking part for the overall design, development, architecture, code quality and production environment deployment of your team
- Work as part of a Scrum team
What you should have:
- Take part\lead design, development, architecture, code quality and production environment deployment.
- Be a senior hands-on contributor
- Take part in Agile processes including Scrum team activities.
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices and development of reusable code
- Work closely with different development groups.
Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Team player, strong communication skills, empathy, and someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building web applications from scratch in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience with Python; with emphasis on enterprise software development
- 2+ years of experience with building scalable web applications built around microservices architecture, including RESTful services.
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB, Redis.
- Kafka and other durable, scalable messaging systems
- Unit testing.
- Basic Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Fluent English as you will be working with international teams.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL. - advantage
- Docker containerization - Advantage
- Kubernetes, container orchestration – Advantage