Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As the Customs Director, Europe, you will have end-to-end ownership of managing and expanding our in-house and partner customs operations throughout the EU, with an emphasis on Netherlands, UK and Germany. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, customer satisfaction, margin, and operational excellence. You will be responsible for creating a center of influence through people development and a strong strategic vision for the EU Customs department. You will report into our VP and Global Head of Customs and work in close alignment with all global leaders.
- #8 on the INC 5,000 list of fastest growing U.S. companies, #1 in San Francisco
- #13 on LinkedIn’s list of Top U.S. Startups in 2018
- Business Insider’s Top 51 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2018
- S.F. Biz Journals 2017 Top Places To Work
- Skyrocketing growth (15,911% CAGR)
- Backed by Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Bloomberg BETA, First Round, and other top VCs.
What you'll do:
- Own all aspects of managing Customs Brokerage day to day operations
- Drive regional alignment and execution around the deployment of processes and systems as they relate to EU Customs
- Problem-solve any issues causing bottlenecks in operations flow
- Assist in client onboarding and advisory
- Assist in training of new customs brokerage specialists
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase operational and financial efficiency
- Assist in classifying products and advise on document compliance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of EU Customs and Partner Government Agencies (PGA) - and in particular Netherlands, UK and Germany
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of professional experience working on customs and 3+ years of experience leading a team to success, preferably at a customs agency,freight forwarder or trade compliance firm
- Strong people management skills as a motivator and coach
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in various regions
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital
- Customs broker license required
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.