Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and with more than 8 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the world’s most popular cycling and hiking apps. Behind the app screen is a passionate remote team working from 12 countries — that’s over 50 people with a shared mission to help our users experience real-life adventures, on foot or by bike.
About the role
Nothing matters to us more than our customers and we’re committed to providing them with an exceptional experience whenever they’re interacting with komoot. Which is where you come in.
Join our remote team and take over responsibility for building a customer support super-squad. Improve and implement processes that ensure komoot users always feel heard and appreciated, and lead our team of customer support managers to help take komoot to the next level.
This is a remote role and can be done from any time zone which lies between UTC-1 to UTC+3.
What you will do
- Develop a world-class customer service experience for our users.
- Enhance overall customer support efficiency and performance by improving the squad’s processes. You’ll identify bottlenecks in the current process and spot opportunities for technical/ functional improvements and automation, then you will turn them into effective solutions.
- Lead a remote team of 3 customer support managers (soon to be more as the team is growing!). Oversee day to day operations, coordinate team efforts to ensure knowledge sharing and effective communication, and help to create an inspiring team environment.
- Monitor and analyze performance. Develop customer service procedures and standards, set clear team goals and deploy strategies to achieve them.
- Improve customer service experience for our users, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Work with developers and QA to find and solve critical bugs in the wild.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a product that encourages people to enjoy the great outdoors and live the best possible life they can every day.
- You will take ownership of your role from the very beginning and play a key role in our customer support process and customer support team development.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are experts in their field, love what they do, and enjoy spending their free time outside cycling, hiking and exploring more of the great outdoors.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone located between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve. You love learning and finding solutions.
- Have proven experience working in high quality and efficient customer service (5+ years).
- Have proven experience with leading teams (previous experience with managing and hiring for remote teams preferred).
- Possess great leadership, decision making, and people skills. You are a charismatic and hands-on leader who motivates and guides the team to achieve great results.
- Have in-depth knowledge of performance metrics, SLAs and improving support processes.
- Are organized, data-driven and technically savvy — you are the go-to person when your friends have a “computer issue”.
- Have experience in using and optimizing Zendesk.
- You speak excellent English, excellent German language skills are a big plus.
Sounds like you?
Then hit apply and send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one