Doctify seeks to champion, support and advance doctor-patient relationships by providing greater transparency and access to healthcare through innovation. The company was founded by two NHS surgeons (Stephanie Eltz and Suman Saha) and launched in July 2015. It has grown from an idea to a revenue generating business in less than a year. Having already several rounds of financing, the team are focusing to further enhance the patient experience.
Doctify provides a solution for patients who want to search, compare and book doctors and other health care professionals online. Need an acupuncturist, GP, dermatologist, dentist or cardiologist? Doctify provides health care specialists with a SaaS platform to help them manage their patient bookings, reduce no shows and collect reviews through an automated review system. Doctify also allows you to book an appointment at a time that suits you and it takes you less than 60 seconds.
The company is changing healthcare for the better and is bringing simplicity to the industry in ways that have never previously been made possible.
Over the next year Doctify plans to expand nationally and considers their team to be the life and soul of the company.
Role: Chief Technology Officer
Location: LABS, Camden, London, UK
Responsibilities will include
- Manage technical resources including in-house and outsourced engineering team.
- Manage technology roadmap and architecture.
- Maintain relationships with technology partners and technology providers.
- Overview and evolve company standards and technical directions.
- Provide leadership and expertise in every aspect of the business related to the use and application of technology.
- Ultimately responsible for: Timely software delivery, Systems performance and Availability
We're looking for a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment and is able to work well independently as well as in a team.
In addition, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- At least 10 years of experience as a Senior Technology Manager such as CTO, Head of Development, VP of Engineering.
- Experience managing teams of more than 10 contributors and hiring and coaching other managers.
- 15+ years of overall engineering leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Proven track record in building high-performance teams.
- Recent experience with DevOps, CICD, and Cloud architecture.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Experience and good understanding of Open Source software ecosystem.
- Good knowledge and experience working with Serverless Architectures, relational databases.
- Proven experience building SaaS platforms.
- At least 3 years of experience delivering services on AWS.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Founder or cofounder experience.
- 2+ years experience NodeJS, React, and Docker
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience managing GDPR compliance projects.
- Experience managing mobile first strategy.
- Experience with Internet marketing and search engine optimisation; i.e., inbound marketing
Nice to have:
- Publications on relevant subjects
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience with NodeJS, React, Docker
- Founder or cofounder experience
- Mobile device expertise
- Social media integrations
Our start-up culture means everybody's contribution matters and is celebrated. We do set ourselves ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those through hard and smart working.
People we like:
- Positive energy, motivation and the desire to work hard and do what it takes.
- Hands-on experience. Got a great idea? Just get stuck in and make it happen.
- Pace. We’re growing. Get on board fast and be part of the journey. No two days are the same!
- Creativity. We love solving problems and going above and beyond to help patients and doctors.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal direction.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks, taking responsibility for own workload and being proactive in helping others work effectively.
- Excited to work for a fast - growing UK health-tech company.
Starting at £75k
If the above sounds like you we would love to talk to you!
End date: 25th September 2018