Draagu is a Barcelona start-up, NUMA accelerated and TechCrunch pitch winner. We make image selling as easy as image making : our technology alerts you whenever an image of your smartphone can be sold, disrupting traditional image stock industry. Our team gather top level engineers, World Press winner Photographers, A.I experts and Growth hackers.
We are closing a Seed Round, and are recruiting a CTO to join from January 2018.
The image stock market is currently worth $3 Billion and is expected to grow by 30% to $4 Billion by 2020. Only 0.3% of images shot worldwide are on sale in image stocks.
We disrupt this market and make the 3B unpublished images shot on smartphones everyday across the globe accessible in 1 click. Using on-device A.I., the Draagu mobile App generates tags to describe images and establishes matches with clients’ searches while user’s private images remain invisible in the phone.
Key advantages of our model:
Seamless: no more image editing and uploading needed to sell
We need to store only 1% of the images we can sell
Faster growth: each user gives us access to 20x more images than our competitors
Direct reach: clients can engage with users besides buying their images
Internal use: companies can retrieve images shot by their employees worldwide, at no cost
600.000 images made accessible in only 22 weeks
6K downloads from 50 countries with user acquisition cost under 0,4€
A download > sign-in conversion of 75%. 40% of users send images when having matches
4 european clients
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Define, monitor, and update our IT growth strategy, allowing short term wins without jeopardizing our long term goals
- Meet and convince our clients and investors that our technology is top-notch
- Work hand-in-hand with our in-house and external A.I experts
- Cover both Front and Backend development needs while hiring, mentoring and inspiring our IT team (internal or freelance), especially for mobile needs, to deliver simple and delightful solutions to our users and clients
- Back-End development: PHP / MySQL / Mongo DB (for now, could evolve using Python) hosted by AWS; This is to create matches between client’s search and user’s images data
- Using your drive and entrepreneurial mindset, you need to get prototypes/new releases out very fast
- Research, evaluate, and propose cutting edge, resourceful technologies that can solve business problems quickly and economically, with great User Experience research and implementation
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals
Onboard a company that offers a disruptive new model in a fast growing industry, with B2C and marketplace challenges on the image-taker side, and B2B issues on the image-buyer side.
Freedom to lead the mobile technology, not only implementing clever and efficient solutions but also designing the big-picture architecture. We look forward to entrepreneurial mindsets with a desire to take initiative. Additionally, you will be working in downtown sunny Barcelona, Spain!
This is a key position for Draagu’s development and is therefore compensated appropriately:
- Competitive salary
- Share options plan is an option to reward you for the impact you will have
- Entrepreneur atmosphere, benefiting from NUMA acceleration program on Q1 2018
- What you will find at Draagu: a highly international, English-speaking environment; a laid-back culture where everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute; a user-centric company where product and technology work together to build the best service
- 3+ years XP in startup or companies that have a strong view regarding development processes (communication, code quality, testing, GIT, general DevOps), either as CTO or Fullstack developer
- Demonstrated interest or experience in image recognition/A.I technology
- Strong sense of initiative/entrepreneur mindset, having started projects on your own, worked closely with co-founders or co-founded a project, association or company before
- Back end: PHP / MySQL / Mongo DB and could if necessary improve our technology using Python
- Comfortable managing mobile developers, either native IOS, Android or REACT Native
- Work with product designers and being proactive about UI solutions that fit UX and follow the best usability
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written); Speaking Spanish or French would be a plus
- Passionate and motivated about what you do and why you do it. You like photography, are a passionate photographer: my god, this is just perfect !