N26 (www.n26.com) is the most advanced bank account in Europe and the first that you can fully manage on your smartphone. We are supported by some of the best venture capital investors in the world, such as Valar Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Redalpine Venture Partners and Axel Springer Plug and Play. Leading media already count ourselves among the "hottest FinTechs" worldwide. We have just started to redefine banking with a focus on being more transparent and easy, and we now also have our own banking license. On our mission to build the first pan-European bank, we need you!
We at N26 proudly consider ourselves a tech company. Being the first European bank built on a cloud-based core-banking system is only one of many steps to challenge the way banks are run nowadays. Backed by the investors who supported game changing billion-dollar companies like Facebook, Spotify or Slack, we are thrilled to realize the boldest ideas and set new standards in an industry which is ripe for disruption. Therefore, we need you as our well-regarded and experienced CTO with a stellar, proven track record in building and leading agile tech teams. Not only will you enhance the groundbreaking N26 user experience, but you’ll help change the way banks are operating around the world.
We believe that tech will shape the future of banking. Join and shape it together with us.
- Build the tech vision of an international future multi-billion-$-company using your tech and business skills
- Lead the technical vision and strategy for the N26 brand: Improve existing features, develop new products and improve stability of our platforms, define the future architecture, and revolutionize the banking sector from a tech perspective
- Set up the tech future of the bank including the core banking system
- Optimize methodologies and work streams of the tech teams to drive efficient development across all levels, features and products
- Manage multiple tech-teams covering the full B2C-product range
- Enhance our tech-focused company culture
- Hire, train, lead and develop our cross-departmental tech teams
- Ensure world-class reliability for our systems including during surge demand scenarios
- Share the N26 tech success and represent N26 at conferences
- Establish and manage the tech budget
- Play a key part in the overall strategy of the company: you are significantly responsible for our overall success
- You are an established tech leader with an outstanding proven track record and reputation in roles with multi-country responsibility
- You possess not only top-notch tech skills, but also keen business skills honed through similar top management roles
- You are a people leader, have experience in growing and leading teams of senior engineers and enjoy attracting and hiring top talent to continue to raise the bar of the team
- You are passionate about the latest stack; you have the full overview of the latest methodologies and innovations, and can choose the best to implement
- You are an absolute tech enthusiast and have experience in and are passionate about software engineering and using a range of technologies to solve complex problems
- You are both a strategic as well as an operational leader; you can establish a clear tech vision and then lead it to fruition
- You should have already built up a well-known brand from a tech perspective. Previous experience within the FinTech industry is not essential but of course highly welcome.
- You were building your career leading engineering culture in Agile and DevOps environments. You understand the software development life-cycle and have technical ability to assess and support software engineers with coding, test automation and quality assurance.
- You are working with a lot of different stakeholders including investors. Therefore, you also have a sense for breaking down complexity and keeping an eye on monetization.
- You are a strong communicator and leader and can interact effectively with all areas of the business
- Due to your international experience you have a wide exposure to various technologies and can introduce the best solutions for ongoing changes and the development of new products
So, what are you waiting for? Grow with us and shape our company as we grow! We look forward to getting to know you.
Since we are working with recruiting software, we only accept online applications via our website (see below).
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!