About the role
The role of CTO / Head of IT is hands on yet also strategic: you will be responsible for shaping horticure’s long-term technology vision, and have the daily goal of solving marketplace complexities to unlock growth. Technical knowledge of marketplaces, a clear focus on the user, and a passion for the wellness and joy that plants bring to environments are essential. We seek an individual who is eager to fully lead on tech stack creation, team development and tech roadmap prioritization. Here’s a few of the business/tech challenges ahead:
- Creating an on-demand marketplace: building a marketplace that matches customer appointments with plant specialists, based on expertise, location and availability.
- Technical solutions to scale our contractor recruitment and training: by 24 months, we’d need 300 active contractors on-boarded and available across 15-20 cities globally.
- Technical prioritization of global business roll-out: by end of 12 months, we’d be operating horticure in 10 cities globally; the number doubles to 20 by 24 months. These cities span different currencies, payment and pay-out processors, and languages.
- Defining data architecture: we have the potential to collect a lot of data about customers, and most of that data collection occurs during an appointment. Building clear infrastructure for data collection enables us to unlock opportunities to improve life-time value, repeat bookings and identify valuable add-on services.
- Deliver a robust backend API and data structure that will power consumer and plant specialist apps as well as our responsive website. This would cover things like, payouts, geo-notifications of new appointments within cities, log appointment data, develop a large house plant database, user and specialist rating systems to name just a few use cases and features
- Building an intuitive, search and discovery powered seller marketplace: trying to find and trying to sell pre-owned house plants on existing mass marketplaces isn’t easy and we want to solve that.
- Design and deliver a back office tool that allows horticure admin to manage clients, specialists, billing, plant database, setup new cities etc
**Please note: horticure is currently bootstrapped and pre-funding. At the beginning we can only provide equity and as such, are not expecting full-time commitment initially. Our founding team comprises a CEO, COO and CPO who are actively fundraising a Seed round; we’re happy to openly discuss progress on this during the interview.