Leavy is rapidly expanding to become one of the world’s largest online travel experiences!
We are currently building our global Marketing organization and seeking Marketing leaders as we increase our market share internationally. In this role, you will be a key driver of the evolution and growth of our brand.
The right creative director will bring a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position. We’re looking for an experienced manager of people, someone that can inspire others, taking our creative to a new level as we continue to grow. Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences. Ideally you have experience in your own start-up or an experience within a start-up / scale-up as well as the travel industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train and supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters (both full time and external resources)
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral
- Build and develop our brand book, guidelines and overall vision for our brand marketing communication
- Develop campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates ideas into compelling marketing materials and digital experiences for our users
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 8/10 years of related experience with 6+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Prior experience with copywriting, design, or production
- Prior project management experience, with a focus on creative direction
- Ideal: experience in working in the travel industry and/or start up, scale up businesses