FilledThis offer is not available anymore
What is the Academy: Three months of paid apprenticeship, hands-on learning and expert guidance!
- Hands-on intensive modules coveringthe essentials of Software Design, XP practices, Clean Code and DDD.
- You will be mentored by our Craftspeople, skilled professionals with a breadth and depth of expertise
- We pay you a full-time salary throughout the Apprentice programme - essentially, we pay you to learn.
- All concepts are taught through hands-on exercises, coding katas, group discussions and code reviews.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3+ years of programming experience in a corporate environment
- Are familiar with at least one tech stack (C#, Java or Node.js is desirable)
- Have a demonstrable attitude for self-learning and awareness of the need for quality and good practices.
- Are comfortable with OO design, modelling and executing CRUD commands on relational database and be able to write tests (though we don't expect you to be able to test drive).
It's also great to:
- Have development experience within a commercial environment
- Comfortable with Agile/Scrum/XP/Software Craftsmanship principles.
- Be able to test drive code using both classicist and London school (including resting and refactoring legacy code).
- Be comfortable with full stack web applications and macro design (MVC, SPA, REST, N tier layers, Hexagonal Architecture).
- Be comfortable with OO design (SOLID, 4 rules of simple design, coupling/cohesion), DDD and design patterns.
What's in it for you?
- A bunch of passionate colleagues who are also fun to work with!
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Gym discounts
- Tickets restaurant
- Transport card