Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a Country Manager in Spain with a diverse set of operational, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities. In this role, you will be responsible for overall market performance, growth, and success of Spin in Germany. You will not only ensure operational excellence, but will also have your finger on the pulse of the business, identifying new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining critical partnerships. You’ll manage local teams dedicated to delivering a seamless experience to both our riders and communities. The ideal candidate would have a passion for innovation, the ability to thrive in ambiguity to create a phenomenal rider experience, and experience managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Be the “mini-CEO” - own strategy, execution, team building, and the country’s P/L
- Build a high-performing team by defining hiring needs, leading the hiring process, and managing a growing team
- Manage build-out, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and efficiency of Spin vehicles
- Own growth of the business through effective local marketing strategies, user growth campaigns, and key business partnerships
- Manage performance, track and report key revenue and cost metrics, and use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders across the company and help define the goals and objectives of each of these teams at the local level
- Gather and synthesize feedback to central operations, business, product and engineering teams
- Become the primary ambassador representing Spin on a national level, meeting with local officials, business owners and customers
- 7+ years of operations management or consulting background
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and analytical background where you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and motivate others
- Entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty
- SQL proficiency preferred
- Spanish speaker and business-level English
- Strong academic record, MBA or advanced degree is a plus
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spin company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.