At Udacity, our mission is to democratize education. We aim to bring accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly relevant higher education to the world. We believe that education is no longer limited to four years or four walls, it’s a lifelong pursuit. Technology is advancing rapidly, and there is a growing skills gap that Udacity is dedicated to closing through education. To do this, we're rethinking how education is made and delivered by empowering our students to advance themselves personally and professionally, and help them achieve their career goals.
International growth is Udacity’s big bet and high priority within the organization. The international teams across geographies consist of entrepreneurs, engineers, student services, and marketing professionals. As part of the Udacity Europe team in Berlin, you'll hold a key role in solidifying and maintaining Udacity’s German voice as we continue to grow our brand. You will work with various team members to deliver a diverse range of on-brand messages and information to our students, including on-site marketing pages, content marketing, social media and student services. You’ll be responsible for maintaining Udacity’s German website ensuring that all content to a high standard. If you’re passionate about storytelling, you’re meticulous about finding the perfect words to do so and are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.
- Partner with the Marketing team to establish and unify Udacity’s German voice across marketing channels.
- Translate, edit, and revise copy for content that appears on our website, ensuring accuracy of course details and course requirements.
- Create engaging copy throughout the student experience, including homepage, sign-up experience and classroom.
- Execute projects and deliver results within scope, time and budget, and react quickly to changing student needs.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of a project’s course logistics and content.
- Research topics and author posts for the German blog.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders from across the company - both locally and internationally - to ensure projects are delivered to a high quality and on time.
- 2-3 years of in-house or agency German copywriting experience, ideally related to technology or education.
- Strong writing and grammatical abilities with an exceptional attention to detail (German).
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Firm opinions with an openness to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams and efficiently to get things done.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong team player who enjoys collaborating, asking for help when necessary and getting things done without an ego.
- Impact driven mindset, willingness to learn and empathy for our students.
- Berlin-based, or already planning to relocate to Berlin very soon.