Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
As a result of continued rapid growth we are currently seeking a Control Systems Engineer for our Worldwide Operations Technical Integration & Deployment Team.
The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for robotics and material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources.. This position will also provide proper training and support to the Facility’s Controls Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful Controls Systems Engineer:
· Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
· Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
· Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
· Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
· Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
· Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
· Undertake industrial engineering design on existing and new material handling systems across World Wide network
· Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
· Support commissioning of new automation elements
· Actively participate in local or World Wide network level control projects and Initiatives
· Provide value engineering/ value analysis
· Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
· Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
· Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as the NEC and NFPA.
· Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
· Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
· Partner with all FC stakeholders in order to build effective relationships
· 3+ years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
· Experience with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis
· Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
· Experience in Industrial networking and communications
· Expertise with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules
· Expertise with HMI systems, Industrial Networks, VFD’s, Servo Controllers, etc.
· Expertise with Industrial control systems, both hardware and software
· Experience with 3 phase electrical systems
· Strong analytical skills
· A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
· Self-motivated and customer-centric
· Experience with email and MS Excel
· Fluent in English
· Ability to travel 50%
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
· 2 or 4 year degree in engineering, or degree in other related technical discipline
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.